Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Time with Family

I have been in New England since October 2002, but was able to fly home for Christmas. That Christmas was the last Christmas that I spent with family, and the last time we were all together as a family. We went to Disneyland in Southern California. I have great memories of that Christmas like this photo. We were all standing around Santa's sled trying to take a family photo, but had to change locations because Santa was on his way back to his sled. So we grouped together for the photo when Mickey Mouse appeared out of nowhere. I remember Breilly being so "star-struck." Watching Breilly stare at Mickey, in awe, was one of the most adorable things I have ever seen. I love being with my family and miss seeing them more. In 2002, I moved to New England for potential job opportunities. I don't regret moving here, but I wish travel to home was easier than a 6 hour plane ride. This year was different, though. As many may know, my brother Aaron, and his family, Alita (wife), Malia (daugher), and Eli (son) moved to the Boston area for advanced education in law and taxes. I hope they know how much I love having them here in New England even though it will only be for a short time (there is still a chance that they will stay if Aaron finds a great job). This year, we were able to spend Christmas eve with them. Watching Malia and Eli was pure joy. Unfortunately, I don't have the pictures downloaded, yet, but I will post them soon. I hope everyone's Christmas was as joyful as ours. Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

Digital Zone said...

Very nice blog.
Unique and beautiful pictures.

Please visit:

http://bali-worldresorts.blogspot.com

Happy holidays.
Happy New Year.

Jen said...

YAY!!! Finally a post from you guys. What a nice Christmas memory. How lucky your family was to get a large group picture with Mickey. That is very hard to come by. Glad to hear you have some family near by for a time and were able to enjoy Christmas Eve with them. Keep the posts coming. We like to read what you 2 are up to . . . Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Yes. Family is great. And a 6-hour plane ride is horrendous.

Ali said...

It was fun to spend this time with you too! Christmas is one of my favorite holidays for that very reason. It truly is a time for family.